This week's article concerns short-termism in the field of takeovers and the city.This story from Yahoo follows up the takeover panel's proposals earlier in the week.
Questions following on from the text.
- Why is short-termism a problem in business?
- Why is it a particular problem when a business is taken over?
- Should all investors in a company have equal rights or should long term investors have more rights?
- Is it easy for a foreign company to take over a company in your country?
- What are the possible dangers of such a takeover?